The Lost Art
Hydrothryl is the southernmost band in Thrylia. It is dominated by three main river systems and a massive wetland. The Karlik hems in the farmland to the north and the Great Ocean to the west, while the eastern and southern borders are the Alati Sea.
- The Diado River – The westernmost major river in Hydrothryl. It is made up of a number of smaller rivulets and streams that continually split and rejoin to form a massive tangle of beds. It generally flows from the Karlikov in the north to the sea in the south. Its intertwining flows are the cause of Valto. It is the life of Hydrothryl’s agriculture. It has its source among the Karlikov and Lake Diado.
- Valto – A massive marshland, spread over 1,200 square miles. Its center region is almost unbearably hot and humid. Little but plant life can survive there. Its borders are home to massive farms that utilize the wet soil to great effect.
- The Mena River – Central river of Hydrothryl. Composed of two main branches. The western branch flows south from Lake Mena, while the eastern stems from Karlikov. The Mena delta is home to the most fertile farms in Thrylia.
- The Piso – Easternmost river. It has many different sources, most of which are springs across the Hydran Plain. Due to its defined, protected mouth, it serves as the southern band’s primary port.
- The Dead River – A saltwater river that flows westward from Karlikov into the sea. The only source of water in The Tomb.
- Lookout’s Massif – A Plateau made up of a number of smaller, smoother mountains in eastern Hydrothryl. The Hammerheads are visible from the peaks on a clear day.
- The Wing – A small range that juts off from Karlikov in the west, creating The Tomb.
- The Tomb – A small valley in northwestern Hydrothryl, formed by the meeting of the Karlikov and The Wing. The Dead River flows through, the only source of water in this desolate desert.
- The Reach – The peninsula that stretches out of western Hydrothryl. It is split by The Rift.
- Hydran Plain – Grass and farmland stretching from the Mena River to the eastern seaboard. It has the most habitable environment in Hydrothryl.